Friday, June 17, 2016

Baboul Rocks

I get off work at 12:30p.m. on Fridays during the summer months and today I decided to kill the afternoon with a paddle out of Bay Bulls up to Baboul Rocks.  I sent out an email to see if anyone cared to join me but I had no takers so it was another solo paddle for the books.

I couldn't see the iceberg anymore so I figured it was melted away or floated off by now but as I made the turn around the breakwater I saw...

A bit of a change from a few weeks back when I went out for sure

I didn't spend too much time messing around as I made my way up the shore.  I had a specific goal to get to Baboul Rocks that my friend Tony has mentioned a few times.

I loved the trip out here.  This is a very scenic place and well worth the 5km paddle.

The sea was calm today so I had no troubles exploring some of the bigger caves alone.

Some small caves hollowed out of the cliff face.

I came across a few of these little falls during my trip.  I like this picture.

I just had to stick my nose in...

I like making videos so I put together a collection of small clips from my trip.  Nothing too exciting but it goes to show how gorgeous our little Island can be.
https://youtu.be/xmPLJb-2mBA

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the video, Shane. It's great to share paddles but sometimes it's just nice to have the water all to yourself too... Active water is a lot of fun but those calm water paddles are just so nice and relaxing. I liked that underwater shot about half way through, as well as the way you ended the video with the water bouncing off your bow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Dean I gotta say, company is always nice but this was an awesome solo paddle. Like you said sooo relaxing, not a care in the world, just enjoying the scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shane, that was lovely :) I was wondering about you paddling and if anyone went with you today. It is so nice to see your pix and video and get a sense of your day :)... the music was so relaxing... nice hang upsidedown :) ... way to go for going out and enjoying all the beauty! Thanks for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete